Re: Todo "claim": psql tab completion on schema names

От Ian Barwick
Тема Re: Todo "claim": psql tab completion on schema names
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sunday 16 February 2003 01:10, Rod Taylor wrote:
> I've been debating a mechanism which could build tab completion tables
> based on the documentation for a while now -- and was going to give it a
> try next week.  If it works, that file would essentially disappear.

OK, will hold off and see what happens.

> > In this respect couple of general questions:
> > - is there any reason why tab expansion of slash commands is
> >   only implemented in a few cases? E.g. for \d but not \di ?
> > . is there any requirement to maintain any kind of backwards
> >   compatibilty to pre 7.3 clients?
>
> Post 7.3 launch most of these cases were cleaned up, not to say some
> weren't missed. You might want to take a look at CVS-TIP sources.

It's what I have...

> Feel
> free to send in patches for ones that have been missed.

...what I meant is that after entering \d, TAB will produce a list of tables,
but \di does not produce a list of indexes, same for \dv etc. I see
no particular reason why this is so and can provide patches
if relevant.

Ian Barwick
barwick@gmx.net