Re: Using KDE to start Postgres

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: Using KDE to start Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Frank Hilliard wrote:
  >I can get Postgres running by going su postgres, logging in, and then using
  >psql. However, what I'd like to do is to use the icon in the KDE menu under
  >Debian, Databases, Postgresql. When I do this from my home directory, the
  >terminal flashes up and then disappears. What permissions do I have to put i
  >place to launch Postgres from my own Linux account?

You have to create a PostgreSQL user with the same name as your login id.
Use the SQL command `CREATE USER' or the createuser script.

(NB: Debian questions are better directed first to the Debian lists.)

     "Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul
      diligently, lest thou forget the things which thine
      eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy heart
      all the days of thy life; but teach them to thy sons,
      and to thy sons' sons..."        Deuteronomy 4:9