Re: [PORTS] Patch for m68k architecture (fwd)

От Roman Hodek
Тема Re: [PORTS] Patch for m68k architecture (fwd)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Bruce!

> Yes, we admit that we break the standard with fmgr_ptr, because we
> return a variety of values depending on what function they call.

Yep... the correct thing would be to cast all such return values to a
common type (e.g. long) and cast them back in the caller.

> It appears the egcs optimization on the powerpc or alpha cause a
> problem when optimization is -O2, but not -O.

Can be like this on those archs. On m68k, however, the registers for
function return values are the same independent of optimization level.

> We may see more platforms with problems as optimizers get smarter.

Yep...

Roman