Re: [HACKERS] make install fails in perl5 ...

От Billy G. Allie
Тема Re: [HACKERS] make install fails in perl5 ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> > So, who took the root check out, and when, and why?
>
> Well, I didn't do it, but I agree with whoever took it out.  You cannot
> test at *configure* time to see whether the invoker of configure is
> root.  It is not reasonable to expect people to do the configure and
> build as root, even if they su to root for the install step (which
> is surely the WRONG thing for a Postgres install anyway!)

I don't know.  I install as root (so that the perl stuff will install).  Of
course I have the following lines in Makefile.custom:
INSTLOPTS += -o bin -g binINSTL_EXE_OPTS += -o pgsql -g dbadminINSTL_LIB_OPTS += -o bin -g binINSTL_SHLIB_OPTS += -o
bin-g bin

so that the permissions are set the way I want them and the postgres
executables are owned by the postgres user.
--
____       | Billy G. Allie    | Domain....: Bill.Allie@mug.org
|  /|      | 7436 Hartwell     | Compuserve: 76337,2061
|-/-|----- | Dearborn, MI 48126| MSN.......: B_G_Allie@email.msn.com
|/  |LLIE  | (313) 582-1540    |

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Another bug in pg_operator.h
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Another bug in pg_operator.h