Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v6.4 BETA2 ...

От Billy G. Allie
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v6.4 BETA2 ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>     library_dirs="$LIBRARY_DIRS /usr/lib"
>     TCL_CONFIG_SH=
>     for dir in $library_dirs; do
>        [...]
>     done
>
> If you can assume that Tcl is installed and the version the user wants
> is first in their path, you should be able to limit this to
>
>     library_dirs=`echo 'puts $auto_path' | tclsh`

This is one of those cases where you sit back and think "Now why didn't I think of that!"

The only thing I would add is to allow $LIBRARY_DIR to be searched first to allow an alternate version of TCL/TK to be
specified. Also, I would add a check to see if tclsh is in the path.

Can anyone think of a good reason not to use this method?
--
____       | Billy G. Allie    | Domain....: Bill.Allie@mug.org
|  /|      | 7436 Hartwell     | Compuserve: 76337,2061
|-/-|----- | Dearborn, MI 48126| MSN.......: B_G_Allie@email.msn.com
|/  |LLIE  | (313) 582-1540    |

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v6.4 BETA2 ...
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v6.4 BETA2 ...