Re: Reinventing the wheel...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Reinventing the wheel...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org> writes:
> ... Because this library
> provides a much more general interface that makes use of an OSes
> optimal FD event system call, is BSD licensed (standard 3-4 clause
> license), and should be very portable, would would anyone object if I
> integrated this into the tree?

AFAICS this library is presuming facts not in evidence, namely that
we care about watching thousands of connections at once.  In the
current Postgres structure we have absolutely no use for it.

You're welcome to base your multiconnection hack on it, but I won't
vote for integrating any of that work until I see proof that it's
actually a win (which, quite honestly, I do not expect to see).

Сообщение: Re: vacuum does not reclaim rows
Сообщение: Re: vacuum does not reclaim rows