Re: Making serial survive pg_dump

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Making serial survive pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Rod Taylor" <rbt@zort.ca> writes:
> Store sequence information in the SERIAL creation statement:
> CREATE TABLE tab (col1 SERIAL(<start num>, <sequence name>));

This is wrong because it loses the separation between schema and data.
I do agree that it would be nice if pg_dump recognized serial columns
and dumped them as such --- but the separate setval call is still the
appropriate technique for messing with the sequence contents.  We do
not need a syntax extension in CREATE.

Сообщение: Re: New string functions; initdb required
Сообщение: Re: New string functions; initdb required