Re: Problem with PostgreSQL 9.2.7 and make check on AIX 7.1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problem with PostgreSQL 9.2.7 and make check on AIX 7.1
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Rainer Tammer <pgsql@spg.schulergroup.com> writes:
> it looks like these failures are caused by compiler optimizations -O2.
> Without optimization the random failures do not show up.

Yeah, that looked suspiciously compiler-bug-like to me.  It's conceivable
that it's not a compiler bug but something we're doing wherein the results
are undefined per C standard ... but since we've not seen similar reports
on other platforms, and since the misbehavior goes away again in TL3, I'm
betting it's the compiler's fault.