Re: UNICODE again

От Frank A. U.
Тема Re: UNICODE again
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
On Sat, 2013-07-27 at 18:34 +0900, Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
> (2013/07/27 10:50), Frank A. U. wrote:
> > So lets clarify this again for me.
>
> How do you use odbc?
> Via applications like MS Access or MS Excel ...?
> Or via middlewares like ADO or .NET ...?
> Or via your applcations which call ODBC APIs directly?
Via the application.  I'm trying to write a binding for it.

I'm new to ODBC.  The confusing thing about it is that, as far as I
understand, the wide API should consume UCS-2 (by standard) but some
drivers seem to use UTF-16 there.  Similar situation for the ANSI API
which may be even worse if we consider the legacy code pages and UTF-8
-- how does an application know what it gets there?  Well and there's
apparently the possibility that translations happen in the DM.

Maybe this is not the right place to discuss those things but I use
psqlodbc for my testing.