Re: Configuring synchronous replication

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Configuring synchronous replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > ISTM that we can have a system catalog and still have cascading slaves.
> > If we administer the catalog via the master, why can't we administer all
> > slaves, however they cascade, via the master too?
>
> > What other problems are there that mean we *must* have a file?
>
> Well, for one thing, how do you add a new slave?  If its configuration
> comes from a system catalog, it seems that it has to already be
> replicating before it knows what its configuration is.

At the moment, I'm not aware of any proposed parameters that need to be
passed from master to standby, since that was one of the arguments for
standby registration in the first place.

If that did occur, when the standby connects it would get told what
parameters to use by the master as part of the handshake. It would have
to work exactly that way with standby.conf on the master also.

-- Simon Riggs           www.2ndQuadrant.comPostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services