Re: function to_char(iso-8859-1) is not unique at character 8

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: function to_char(iso-8859-1) is not unique at character 8
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> writes:
> On 7/6/23 04:19, gzh wrote:
>> when I execute the sql below , the to_char function caused the following
>> error.
>> select TO_CHAR('1000000');

> Isn't '1000000' already a character string?

Nope; in the mind of the Postgres parser, it's a literal of unknown type,
with the actual type to be inferred from context.  There is a small
preference for resolving such a thing as being of text type, but only a
small one.  The rules are exactly the same as for an undecorated NULL
constant.

Сообщение: Re: function to_char(iso-8859-1) is not unique at character 8
Сообщение: Re: function to_char(iso-8859-1) is not unique at character 8