Re: BLOBs, pg_dump & pg_restore

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BLOBs, pg_dump & pg_restore
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Howard Lowndes <lannet@lannet.com.au> writes:
> Now, my concern is that if I use pg_dump with the --clean or --create, and
> the --blobs options, and then try a pg_restore from the resulting archive
> file, I believe the BLOBs will take up a different loid to the one they
> came from, and hence the relation in my user table will be broken

No, because pg_restore has logic to adjust the references to match the
new BLOB OIDs.  If you have a test case where this fails to work, let's
see it ...

> My other problem is that the various functions in PHP, namely the various
> pg_lo_* functions do not appear to have the ability to include the comment
> option that is available to \lo_import under psql.

psql is out on a limb claiming that LOs can have comments --- there's no
support for that in the backend or any other client application.  It's
doing it by direct manual injection of entries into the pg_description
system catalog, which is why superuser privilege is needed.  It's a
useful hack if you only use psql, but still a hack.  Feel free to
contribute a patch for backend COMMENT ON LARGE OBJECT support, if you'd
like to see a better level of support for this.

Сообщение: Re: BLOBs, pg_dump & pg_restore
Сообщение: Re: BLOBs, pg_dump & pg_restore