Re: Page format changes for 8.2?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Page format changes for 8.2?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> Do we have anything in the pipeline that would result in page format changes
> for 8.2?

[ looks at
http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/include/catalog/catversion.h
]

I don't see any page format changes per se, but inet/cidr datatype
representation changed here:

* doc/src/sgml/func.sgml, src/backend/optimizer/path/indxpath.c,src/backend/utils/adt/network.c,
src/include/catalog/catversion.h,src/include/catalog/pg_amop.h,
src/include/catalog/pg_cast.h,src/include/catalog/pg_operator.h,
src/include/catalog/pg_proc.h,src/include/utils/builtins.h,
src/include/utils/inet.h,src/test/regress/expected/opr_sanity.out,src/test/regress/sql/opr_sanity.sql:Clean up the
INET-vs-CIDRsituation. Get rid of the internal is_cidr flag and relyexclusively on the SQL type system to tell the
differencebetweenthe types.  Prevent creation of invalid CIDR values via castingfrom INET or set_masklen() --- both of
theseoperations nowsilently zero any bits to the right of the netmask.  Removeduplicate CIDR comparison operators,
lettingthe type rely on theINET operators instead.

We've debated before how to get pg_upgrade to handle these sorts of
changes.  If you want to make it happen, step right up ...