Re: The name of the game (was Re: postgre linkage with

От Devrim GUNDUZ
Тема Re: The name of the game (was Re: postgre linkage with
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi,

On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 14:10 -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> Since alot of ppl tend to be using Postgres, I kinda see PostgreSQL as
> the 'formal, written word' while Postgres is the 'informal, spoken
> word' ...

That's exactly what I also think about this subject. Personally I don't
find this practical to change the name after 10 years or so.

As Tom wrote, many of the people at the conference mispronounced
PostgreSQL (SQL as the SQL Server of M$). Recalling the reason for
replacing "95" instead of "SQL", the reason did not change (SQL
compilance) and if we drop it again,people might say "Oh, did you drop
SQL compilance?"

And another thing: "I think" we have much work to do instead of
suggesting name changes and spending our valuable times on this...

0.02 cents.

Regards,