Re: bad choice of the word in sentence

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: bad choice of the word in sentence
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> On Thu, Jun 22, 2023 at 06:38:37PM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:
>> Quote:
>> "<...>When a transaction uses this isolation level, a SELECT query (without
>> a FOR UPDATE/SHARE clause) sees only data committed before the query began;
>> it never sees either uncommitted data or changes committed during query
>> execution by concurrent transactions. <...>"

>> Don't you think this is bad choice of the word, especially while speaking
>> about "commiting transactions" in very same sentence?

> No, the issue is only for committed transactions, not aborted ones.

I think this sentence is formally correct, but it is not very hard to
misparse.  Maybe a bit of re-ordering would help?  Like

    ... it never sees either uncommitted data or changes committed by
    concurrent transactions during the query's execution.

Сообщение: Re: bad choice of the word in sentence
Сообщение: Re: bad choice of the word in sentence