Re: Status report: regex replacement

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: Status report: regex replacement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 13:25, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> > I have just committed the latest version of Henry Spencer's regex
> > package (lifted from Tcl 8.4.1) into CVS HEAD.  This code is natively
> > able to handle wide characters efficiently, and so it avoids the
> > multibyte performance problems recently exhibited by Wade Klaver.
> > I have not done extensive performance testing, but the new code seems
> > at least as fast as the old, and much faster in some cases.
>
> I have tested the new regex with src/test/mb and it all passed. So the
> new code looks safe at least for EUC_CN, EUC_JP, EUC_KR, EUC_TW,
> MULE_INTERNAL, UNICODE, though the test does not include all possible
> regex patterns.

Perhaps we should not call the encoding UNICODE but UTF8 (which it
really is). UNICODE is a character set which has half a dozen official
encodings and calling one of them "UNICODE" does not make things very
clear.

--
Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee>

Сообщение: Re: Status report: regex replacement
Сообщение: Re: Status report: regex replacement