Re: limits?

От Steve Atkins
Тема Re: limits?
Дата
Re: limits?
Список pgsql-general
On Jun 23, 2008, at 10:56 AM, Kynn Jones wrote:

> How can I find the limits (if any) on things such as the maximum
> number of tables, views, indices, columns-per-table, size of
> database, etc.?
>
> (At the moment I'm particularly interested any limits that my exist
> on the numbers of tables and views that may exist in any one
> database.)

http://www.postgresql.org/about/ has some of the theoretical limits.

In real use you're unlikely to hit any limits, theoretical or
practical, but if you start to use a silly number of tables and so on
you're likely to hit performance issues eventually. I'm not sure where
that threshold would be, but it's higher than "thousands".

Cheers,
   Steve